File Transport Protocol (FTP) is the most commonly used method for transferring files over the Internet. Many organizations and individuals use FTP to upload and download files to their web server. To transfer via FTP in Dreamweaver, enter your FTP server information in the Remote Info category of the Site Definition dialog box. In the Files panel, click the Connect and Put buttons to upload selected files or folders.
There are many variables involved when troubleshooting FTP issues, so the list of tips and techniques is long. Following are the top five things to try:
- Verify that you have the latest updater for Dreamweaver.
- Try enabling passive FTP.
- Try connecting to your server with different FTP clients.
- Try modifying the Host Directory settings in the site definition.
- Check permissions on the server.