A Learning Plan is a set of rules, which enrol learners to specified trainings based on certain criteria.
A Learning Plan allows an administrator to automatically assign Courses, Learning Programs or Certifications based on the occurrence of certain events like on-boarding a new employee, or change in designation or location of the employees.
For example, when an employee joins an organization, the New Employee Orientation Program is automatically assigned to the employee. Similarly, if an employee is promoted as a manager, a New Manager Orientation Program is automatically assigned to the employee.
You can enroll learners to any courses and learning programs automatically based on a predefined set of events. You can create learning paths to the learners by automatically assigning a follow-up learning activity after a learner completes a skill, course, or a learning program.
In the Occurs when drop-down list, choose the required event. The options determine when a learner takes the course. After selecting the type of event, select the appropriate training, Courses, Learning Program or Certification.
Note: Both Administrators and Authors can create auto enrollment events.
The events are:
2. Learner gets added to a group: When a new user or an employee joins a group. Enter and select the user group from drop-down list, to which this event is applicable. You can choose multiple groups. Also, you can assign this event to all the existing members of these groups by selecting the option.
This Learning Plan is specifically designed for Custom- Groupe users. Type the name of the group in the field, and using type-ahead search, choose the group or groups.
3. Learner completes a learning object: The event gets trigerred when a learner completes any learning object such as course, learning program, and so on. Select the learning object for which this event is applicable. Select the completion status for the event. Optionally, you can also choose the user group to which this learner belongs to. Enter the number of days, after completing the learning object, this event gets triggered. Select the option if you want to assign this event to existing users who already completed this learning object.
4. Learner achieves a skill level: Enter the skill name and select the skill level. You can also choose the user group to which this learner belongs to. It is optional. Enter the number of days, after achieving the skill, this event gets triggered. Select the option if you want to assign this event to existing learners who have already achieved this skill.
Additionally, set the number of days after which the Learning Plan must be assigned to the learners.
5. On a specific date: When the events must occur on a specific date. Select the date on which the event must be assigned. Select the user groups for whom the event needs to be auto assigned. Select the instances that need to be assigned, and optionally enter after how many days the event needs to be triggered.
For all the events, you can select the instance from the Instance drop-down list. You can also select instances of the assigned Learning for any event.
In Captivate Prime, a Learning Plan creates its own instance, Auto. When you choose a group, for example, All Learners, then by default, all learners in the Learning Plan get enrolled in the instance Auto.
When you save the learning Plan, the instance Auto appears as an option in the Select Instance drop-down list in the Learners section of a course.
After creating a learning plan, Administrator can edit/update the learning plan at any point in time. To Edit, click the name of the learning plan and modify the values in the Edit Learning Plan pop-up dialog that appears. Click Save.
By default, all new Learning Plans that you have created are in a disabled state. You must enable a plan for a learner to be assigned to. When you enable the check-box Current Learners, the event gets enabled by itself.
To enable a learning plan,
To delete a Learning Plan,
- From the list of Learning Plans, choose the plan that you want to delete.
- On the top-right corner of the page, click Actions > Delete.
To disable a Learning Plan,
- Click the tab Enabled.
- From the list of Learning Plans, choose the plan that you want to disable.
- On the top-right corner of the page, click Actions > Disable. This moves the plan to the Disabled tab.
You can filter Learning Plans according to the type of event that was used while creating a Learning Plan. Click Type and choose any option to display Learning Plans that match the selection.
1. How do I setup Captivate Prime to configure auto enrollments for on-boarding of new hires?
In the Occurs when drop-down list, choose the option New Learner is added. Then assign the Learning Objects, the instance, and the completion date for the learner. Both Administrators and Authors can create auto enrollment events. Enable the event after creating it.
2. How do I set up a learning plan/auto enrollment for classroom and virtual classroom course?
It is recommended that you setup the course instance with required session details. Then set up a learning plan and map it to the course instance, which has already been created.
3. How do I view the list of learners enrolled into a specific learning plan?
When the instance, Auto, gets created, click Course > Learners, and choose the required instance from the Instance drop-down list.