Previews or thumbnails of images display as black/blank in Lightroom.
This issue occurs under when the user tries to
- Import images in Lightroom and all the previews display as blank.
- View the images in library module under grid view.
- Mac OSX 10.9 and above.
- Windows 7 and above.
Product versions affected:
- Lightroom 5 and Lightroom 6/CC.
- If the issue occurs in the import window of Lightroom, change the mode from "Add" to "Copy" and expand the destination panel.
- If the issue occurs in the grid view of library module it is probably due to a corrupt color profile. Perform the following steps.
- Open Control panel. Locate the option "Color Management".
- Click on Color Management and make sure in the devices tab the option "Use my settings for this device" is checked.
- Click on the "Add" option.
- Locate the color profile "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" and click on Ok.
- Highlight the color profile and choose "Set as Default Profile".
- Re-launch Lightroom and check.
For Mac OSX:
- Click on the apple icon and choose system preferences.
- Locate the option "Displays". Click on the "Color" tab.
- Under Display profile locate the color profile "sRGB IEC61966-2.1".