Adobe® Revel is an app that lets you store your media in the cloud and share it privately or publicly. See this FAQ for more information.
Photoshop Elements lets you upload your media to Adobe Revel and access it from any device. Media already present in your Revel libraries is downloaded into Elements Organizer, so that you can work with it.
The screenshots in this article are for Elements Organizer 12.1. If you're using Elements 12, you might see slighly different screens.
You can also sign in by selecting File > Sign In To Adobe Revel.
- Enter your Adobe ID and password, and then click Sign In.
- On the screen that follows, choose one of the following options and click Next:
You can drag and drop a mobile album onto a local category. Media in the mobile album is downloaded as it exists in Revel and stored locally. Subsequentally, the downloaded media is deleted from Revel.
- Select Settings. Photoshop Elements displays the Adobe Revel tab in the Preferences dialog box.
- If you have a large Elements catalog, you may want to deselect Automatically Access All My Catalog Media In Adobe Revel. You can still manually upload photos to Revel by dragging and dropping them onto an album.
- If necessary, change the following preferences:
Once you've turned on the Revel agent from the Preferences dialog, you can manage the agent from the system tray.
- Right-click the Revel agent icon () in the system tray.
- Select one of the following options:
- View Revel Agent Status: Displays Revel status, including the name of the current catalog and whether your Revel account is up to date
- Update Revel Only When Idle: Uploads your photos to Revel only when your computer has idle computing bandwidth
- Stop Revel Agent: Stops the Revel agent
Once you stop the Revel agent, you can turn it on again from the Preferences dialog box (Edit > Preferences > Adobe Revel).
Elements Organizer initially downloads lighter preview versions of photos (upto 1440 x 960 px in resolution) from your Revel library. When you modify a downloaded photo, the high-resolution original version of the photo is downloaded and presented for editing.
- Right-click the photo in Elements Organizer and select Edit With Photoshop Elements Editor.
- If prompted that you need to log in with your Adobe ID, click Sign In.
Photoshop Elements downloads the original, high-resolution photo and opens it in the Editor workspace.
You can choose to hide all assets in a mobile album from the All Media view. The media becomes visible when you apply any search operation.
- Right-click the mobile album.
- Select Hide Assets In All Media.
- In the left pane, click the icon next to the album.
- Click Start Sharing.
- Note down the URL displayed on the next screen. You can email this URL to friends with whom you want to share the album.
Deselect Allow Downloads if you want these friends to only view the photos rather than download them.
You can add collaborators to a library. A typical use case for collaborating on a library is when multiple users contribute photos of the same event.
- In the left pane, click the icon next to the library name.
- Enter the email address of a collaborator and click Add. Elements adds the collaborators and prompts you that the collaboration invite is pending acceptance.
Collaborators can add photos to the library. However, they cannot delete your photos or add more collaborators to the library.
When somebody invites you to collaborate on a library, you receive an email notification as well as a notification in Elements Organizer. The icon appears next to Mobile Albums when you have pending collaboration notifications.
Do the following to accept an invitation in Elements Organizer:
- Click the icon. Elements displays a notification dialog.
- Click Accept Invite. You are now a collaborator on the library. The collaborative library is displayed with the icon next to it under Mobile Albums.
If you have multiple Revel accounts, follow these steps to log in to the Elements catalog as a different user:
- Select File > Sign In To Adobe Revel.
- On the next screen, click Sign In As Another User.
- You are prompted that the catalog is being prepared for you. Any mobile albums belonging to the previous user become local to your computer. Click OK to proceed.
- Enter your Revel credentials and then click Sign In.
What if I use Revel to edit an image previously downloaded to the Elements catalog?
If only a preview copy of the image was earlier downloaded to the Elements catalog, the edits you make to the image are reflected in Elements Organizer. However, if the original image was earlier downloaded to the Elements catalog, a version set is created. The original copy and the modified copy of the image are added to the version set.
When does Elements Organizer create a version set?
How does Elements Organizer back up my Revel photos?
Media downloaded from Revel is backed up exactly as it is available in the Elements catalog.
- If only the preview version of a photo was downloaded into the Elements catalog, that preview version is saved as part of the backup.
- The high-resolution version of a photo is backed up if it was previously downloaded into the Elements catalog.