Encore is no longer in active development. Encore CS6 was the last version released.
The CS6 applications are still available are part of a Creative Cloud membership. Encore is installed by first installing Premiere Pro CS6, which includes Encore CS6.
This document describes the process of installing Encore CS6.
Note: The ability to install CS6 applications is only available to paid Creative Cloud subscribers and not available with trial memberships. It is not possible to install Encore CS6 with a trial membership to Creative Cloud.
You can download the latest version of Premiere Pro from the Product Page.
You can install previous versions directly through the Creative Cloud desktop application. However, previous versions are hidden by default.
To reveal previous versions, do the following:
- Open the Creative Cloud desktop application.
- Click on the Apps tab.
- Scroll down to the section titled FIND NEW APPS.
- Click on the Filters & Versions drop down menu to the right of the section heading and select Previous Version.
- Locate Premiere Pro in the list and click Install.
- An Available Versions menu will pop up, choose CS6 (6.0) from the list.
Premiere Pro CS6 will download and install. Encore CS6 will be installed along with Premiere Pro.
After installing Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, you can go through the uninstall process for that application. During the CS6 uninstallation, you are given a chance to select which components to uninstall. Leave Encore deselected, and check Premiere Pro to remove just the Adobe Premiere Pro components.
Start the uninstall process below based on your operating system:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features
- Find Premiere Pro CS6 in the list
- Highlight it and click the Uninstall button at the top
- Open Finder and go to /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers
- Double-click an Adobe product to remove
- Follow onscreen instructions
If you are not able to use the Creative Cloud desktop app for some reason, you can manually download on install Premeire Pro and Encore CS6.
NOTE: If you do not have a Creative Cloud subscription a serial number will be required to license this download.
Visit the following link for direct download links to the Premiere Pro CS6 installer:
The Encore CS6 installer does not automatically install the templates or library content that can be used to create your own menus.
A guide to installing these files can be found here: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html
Encore CS6 is not designed to work with Adobe Premiere Pro CC using dynamic link. There is a new workflow in the video found at the following link.