AEM Communities 6.3 was released with Communities package version 1.11.
As of AEM 6.3 and beyond, AEM platform service packs and cumulative fix packs include updates to AEM Communities features. To know about updates to AEM 6.3 Communities, refer AEM 6.3 Release Notes.
Included in the AEM 6.3 GA release (26 Apr 2017) is
AEM 6.3 Communities provides :
- Enablement 2.0 : the enablement features no longer store reporting information in MySQL. The MySQL dependency is only there for tracking SCORM content. This change is also present in 6.2 FP3 and 6.1 FP7.
- We.Retail Community reference implementation
- account management with email-based verification (member registration, lost member id, reset member password, email address change from member profile)
- enhanced blogs for publish-side blogging and commenting
- ideation function allowing Community members to submit and to like the best ideas, then for Community moderators to review and assign a status
- enhanced QnAs for questions and best answer identification
- ability for Community moderators to pin calendar events, forum topics, and QnA questions
- ability for Community moderators to feature content in blogs, calendars, forums, ideation and QnA
- notification settings and email channel for notifications and subscriptions
- leaderboard component
- enhanced calendars for sharing community events
- enhanced following feature allowing immediate notifications on specific contributions or members
- support for moving forum topics and QnA questions from one page to another
- enhanced Adobe Analytics integration with built-in reporting dashboards
- Community Activity List component for exposing current trends to members
- enhanced community members and groups management
- enhanced enablement resources and learning paths management allowing creation, organization and publishing of enablement materials to community members (with SCORM support)
- catalog and assignments community functions allowing community members to view, comment on and evaluate enablement materials
- scoring and badges features for identifying and rewarding community members
- support for badge management and assignment of badges to Community members
- new community member role, privileged members, which restricts the ability to create content to a group of community members
More details are available on the AEM Communities release notes page.