This set of feature packs has been replaced. See the new release notes and documentation for further details.
This set of Feature Packs delivers updates to Content Fragments, the JSON Exporter and Core Components. These enable the definition of structured content for the fragments; together with the updated JSON exporter, this structured content can then be used to deliver AEM content via Content Services to channels other than AEM pages.
AEM Content Services are designed to generalize the description and delivery of content in/from AEM beyond a focus on web pages.
They provide the delivery of content to channels that are not traditional AEM web pages, using standardized methods that can be consumed by any client. These channels can include:
- Single Page Applications
- Native Mobile Applications
- other channels and touch-points external to AEM
Delivery is made in JSON format.
AEM Content Fragment enhancements enable Content Fragments to describe and manage structured content. Structured content is defined in models that can contain a variety of content types; including text, numerical data, boolean, date and time, and more. Defining structured content relationships can be used to deliver AEM content via Content Services, to channels other than AEM pages.
|Product||AEM Sites Feature Pack|
|Compatibility||AEM 6.3 with Cumulative Fix Pack 18.104.22.168
AEM 6.3 with Service Pack 22.214.171.124
The following packages are all required:
|Description of Feature Pack||Content Fragment Updates and Content Services|
This set of Feature Packs includes enhancements to Content Fragments and Content Services capabilities. AEM Content Fragments now support structured content. Structured content relationships are especially important when delivering as Content Services to channels other than AEM pages.
Key features and enhancements:
- Content Fragments
- Support for structured content.
- Ability to structure multiple content types in fragment models; including text, numerical data, date and time, boolean, enumerated lists, and content references.
- User interface to create and modify Content Fragment models.
- Content Fragment Editor enhancements:
- Full set of AEM Rich Text Editor (RTE) functions.
- View-all-elements overview screen.
- RTE full screen.
- New AEM Core Component for Content Fragments.
- Content Services
- JSON output for AEM Core Components.
Please consider the following restrictions and limitations when using the released functionality. Many of them are temporary and will be addressed in follow-on releases.
- Content Fragment Models
- Content types are currently not customizable.
- Some properties are not yet consistently available across content types; for example, placeholder text and required flag.
- Content Fragment Functionality
- Content Fragments based on structured content do not yet support variations, syncing variations, or text summarization.
- The full-screen Rich Text Editor does not yet allow viewing and editing HTML source.
- Content Fragments and their models must be published separately.
- Search for structured content fragments is not supported.
- Content Fragment Core Component
- Targeting variations and text paragraphs for output is not yet supported.
- Associated content is not yet supported.
- Authoring page content in-between paragraphs of a text element is not yet supported.
- JSON Output
- The previous Content Fragment Foundation component does not support JSON output. Please use the new Core Component, along with the JSON Exporter Feature Pack.
- It is currently not possible to output Content Fragment JSON over the AEM Assets HTTP API.
Download and install:
- AEM 6.3 GA
- AEM Feature Pack Packages - download from Package Share:
- FP for JSON Exporter:
- Required if CFP 126.96.36.199 has been installed
- Not required if SP 188.8.131.52 has been installed
- FP for Content Fragments:
- Release 1.1.0 of the Core Components
- FP for JSON Exporter: