This task is optional and pertains to Windows only.
You can optionally integrate AEM 3D with Autodesk 3ds Max software to enable support for native 3ds Max files (.MAX). Rendering by way of 3ds Max is not supported at this time.
See also Integrating AEM 3D with AutoDesk Maya.
To integrate AEM 3D with Autodesk 3ds Max:
Update the conversion script.
AEM uses a command line script to invoke the 3ds Max command line utility 3dsmaxcmd.exe. You must edit this script if you installed a version other than 3ds Max 2016, or if you installed 3ds Max to a non-standard location, or if you installed AEM on a different partition or drive.
- Open CRXDE Lite and navigate to /libs/settings/dam/v3D/scripts/max.
- Double-click export-fbx.bat to open it.
- Edit the first line of the script as needed to reflect the location of the 3dsmaxcmd.exe utility. For example, if 3ds Max 2017 is used and AEM is installed on a different disk drive:
Remove the working folder (only necessary if a previous attempt was made to ingest a .MAX file).
- In CRXDE Lite, navigate to /libs/settings/dam/v3D/Paths/maxWorkPath. By default, the value of this setting is ./MaxWork, which is relative to the AEM install root folder.
- Log onto the server itself and use File Explorer to navigate to the AEM install root folder.
- Delete the MaxWork folder--including its entire contents--if it exists.
The folder is re-created automatically the next time a .MAX file is ingested.