Use the Thread Dump Collection and Analysis tool to take thread dumps from a running CQ instance for troubleshooting the following:
- lock contention.
- other thread-related issues
Download and installation
You can access the Thread Dump Collection and Analysis tool directly from a web browser at http://<host>:<port>/system/console/threadDumps
- To take thread dumps, enter the number of thread dumps to take and the interval of time between them. Then, click Generate Thread Dumps.
- Check "Use jstack" to have it use jstack to generate the thread dumps.
- Click View Formatted Version to view a color-coded, expandable list of the threads.
- Right-click View Raw File and select Save Link As to save the thread dumps file to your computer.
For a quick and simple analysis of the thread dumps, you can view the formatted version in your web browser.
Be careful not to click View Formatted Version in a production server if you have requested more than 20 thread dumps. It can put an unnecessary load on your server. Instead, download the thread dump file to your computer for analysis.