AEM Forms 6.3 or 6.4 installed and configured
Familiarity with AEM Forms.
Download the first assets file and import into AEM using the package manager
- Convert the word document into PDF
- Open the converted word document using Acrobat
- Use Acrobat Prepare form tool to identify the form fields on the form.
- Save the pdf. Make sure the file name does not have any spaces in it.
The next step is to create a schema from the Acroform created in the earlier step. A sample application is provided to create the schema as part of this tutorial. To create the schema, please follow the following instructions
- Login to
- Navigate to /apps/AemFormsSamples/components/
- change the
saveLocationto an appropriate folder on your hard drive. Make sure the folder you are saving to is already created.
- Point your browser to
- Drag and drop the
- Check the folder specified in point 3. The schema file is saved to this location.
The next step is to upload the
For this sample to work, the
Download and install the following bundles using the AEM Flexi Web Console
Download and import the the assets related to this article using the package manager. The assets contain the workflow model,sample HTML Page and user mapping service configuration
- Edit the MergeAcroformData workflow model
- Open the configuration properties of MergeAcroformData
- Click on the process tab.
- Make sure the arguments you are passing is a valid folder on your server.
- Save the changes.
- Create Adaptive Form using the schema created in the earlier step.
- Drag and drop few schema elements on to the Adaptive Form.
- Configure the submit action of the Adaptive Form to submit to AEM workflow (MergeAcroformData).
- Make sure you specify the Data file path as "Data.xml". This is very important as the sample code looks for a file called Data.xml in the workflow payload.
- Preview Adaptive Form. Fill the form and submit.
- You should see PDF with the data save to the folder specified in step 4 under the configure workflow
Make sure the acroform file name does not have any spaces in it. The sample code does not handle spaces in the file name.
The form field names can only contain the following