In this article, we will look at a simple time of request workflow. The business requirements are as follows:
- User A requests time off by filling in an adaptive form.
- The form is routed admin(In real life it will be routed to the submitter's manager)
- Admin opens the form. Admin should not be able to edit any information filled by the submitter.
- Approver section should be visible for the approver.
To accomplish the above requirement, we use a hidden field called
In the approver view, the approver is not able to edit the submitted data. There is also a new section meant for Approvers only.
To test this workflow on your system, please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Download the zip file
- Import the zip into AEM using the package manager
- Open the Time Off Request form
- Fill in the details and submit
- Open the inbox. You should see a new task assigned. Open the form. The submitter's data should be read-only and a new approver section should be visible.
- Explore the workflow model
- Explore the process step. This is the step which sets the value of