To demonstrate effective use of Form Data Model, you would need a reliable data source. For this purpose, we have created a sample war file that can be deployed on tomcat. The data returned by this web application deployed in tomcat will be consumed in Adaptive Document and used in our workflow models.
Download and unzip the SampleRest.zip. The zip file contains the SampleRest.war file
To set up tomcat, please follow the following instructions:
1. Download and install JDK1.8.
2. Set JAVA_HOME to point to JDK1.8.
3. Download tomcat. This war file has been tested with Tomcat version 8.5.x and 9.0.x.
4. Download the tomcat version of your preference. You can download the 64-bit windows zip under the core section.
5. Unzip the contents to your c:\tomcat.
6. You should see something like this
7. Create an environment variable called "CATALINA_HOME" and set its value to the tomcat install folder example c:\tomcat\apache- tomcat-8.5.27
8. Copy the SampleRest.war file into the
9. Start new command prompt window.
8. navigate to <tomcat install folder>\bin and run the startup.bat
9. Once your tomcat has started, test the endpoint exposed by WAR File by clicking here
10. You should get sample data as the result of this call.
Congratulations !!!. You have setup tomcat and deployed the SampleRest.war file. This endpoint will be the basis for many of our Form Data Model articles and tutorials