An Experience Fragment is a set of content that grouped forms an experience that should make sense on its own.
With Experience Fragments marketers can:
- Reuse an experience across channels (both owned channels and 3rd party touchpoints)
- Create variations of an experience for specific use-cases
- Keep variations in sync with the use of Live-Copy
- Social Post experiences to Facebook and Pinterest out of the box
Building blocks is a new enhancement added to Expereince Fragment in AEM 6.4. It lets content authors to create a building block consisting of components that could be re-used to create content across different variations and across different templates.
Editable templates used for creating experience fragments should have the building block component added to its policies.
- Creating a building block makes it easy for content authors to re-use the content across different variations.
- Changing the master copy building block should automatically roll out changes to its references without cancelling inheritance or any layout changes.
- Content authors can easily rename an existing building block or delete it.
- Deleting a building block from an Experience Fragment doesn't delete its references.