Core Components are versioned and installed separately from AEM. Core Components have an independent release cycle with more frequent updates throughout the year.
For more specific information on Core Components,
The Core Navigation Component is used for the top navigation and uses the Core Navigation Component. Navigation is configured via the Template Editor and uses the Dopetrope-provided .cmp-navigation--top style.
The Secondary style is applied to the Layout Container containing My Portfolio and The Blog at the Page level. The Secondary style colors the background grey, adds a border across the top, and expands to the full width of the Web browser, while keeping the content centered.
The Footer style is applied to the Layout Container containing the footer content at the Page Template level. The Secondary style colors the background black, and expands to the full width of the Web browser, while keeping the content centered.
And interesting facet of this Layout Container style, is it inverts the background color, requiring an inversion of the text (from the normal black, to a light grey) to maintain legibility.
- /apps/l725/clientlibs/clientlib-dopetrope/components/list/styles/date-accent.less, lines 88 - 104
- /apps/l725/clientlibs/clientlib-dopetrope/components/list/styles/default.less, lines 44 - 59
- /apps/l725/clientlibs/clientlib-dopetrope/components/title/styles/section.less, lines 49 - 57
The Default style is a simple text list and is the default list style, and requires no selection via the Styles dropdown.
- /apps/l725/clientlibs/clientlib-dopetrope/components/list/styles/default.less, lines 1 - 43
- /apps/l725/clientlibs/clientlib-dopetrope/components/list/styles/date-accent.less, lines 1 - 87
- Tutorial Overview
- Part 0 - Setup
- Part 1 - AEM Core Components
- Part 2 - Preparing the Page Template
- Part 3 - Content-first Authoring
- Part 5 - Applying the Basic Dopetrope Style
- Part 6 - Applying the Teaser Component CSS-based Styles
- Part 8 - Exploration of How Other Components Were Styled