Don’t use a Super Administrator account and password for your forms users. In order to create an AEM Forms group with the specific AEM Forms Roles, that forms users need to create adaptive forms, follow the steps in this article.
|Digital Marketing Solution(s)||AEM 6.3 Forms|
|Audience||Administrators and Developers|
|Required Skills||AEM 6.X Forms|
|Tested On||Adobe Experience Manager 6.3 Forms|
Adobe currently has two different versions of AEM Forms.
- AEM Forms on OSGI (just the OSGI stack)
- AEM Forms on JEE (both stacks)
AEM Forms on JEE includes all of the legacy LiveCycle technology and is the new version of Adobe LiveCycle Enterprise Suite. It also includes the AEM Forms on OSGI technology stack. The following are the recent releases of the AEM Forms on JEE software:
- LiveCycle ES4, the last version with the LiveCycle branding
- AEM Forms on JEE (6.0)
- AEM Forms on JEE (6.1)
- AEM Forms on JEE (6.2)
- AEM Forms on JEE (6.3)
There is a known bug in AEM Forms 6.3 that affects these roles and privileges. Therefore, your are advised to update your AEM Forms system with the latest service packs and cumulative fix packages. The AEM-FORMS-6.3-CFP1-JEE-PKG is the critical one you need.
However, depending on the version of your software, you may need other packages as well. You can find these packages on Adobe’s Package Share.
These roles are also important for AEM Forms Users but they are not critical for adaptive forms. If your users are using legacy LiveCycle services like Workbench and PDF Generator, consider these roles as well.
- Application Administrator: To use Workbench.
- Forms Administrator: To modify LiveCycle Forms settings.
- LiveCycle SharePoint Connector Administrator: To view and modify SharePoint Connector Configuration settings.
- Output Administrator: To view and modify LiveCycle Output settings.
- PDFG Administrator: For administrative access to PDF Generator.
- PDFG User: For non-administrative access to PDF Generator.
- Reader Extensions Web Application: To run the Reader Extensions web application.
- Services User: To view and run any LiveCycle Service.
- Workspace User: To log in to the Workspace end-user application.
- cm-agent-users: For the Correspondence management module.
- fd-administrators: For forms administrators.
AEM Forms on OSGI
The steps for creating a formUsers group on AEM Forms on OSGI are discussed below.