A Live Copy is a copy of specific site content for which a live relationship with the original source is maintained. This live relationship allows the live copy to inherit content and page properties from the source.
This page describes creating live copy of a channel, viewing properties, checking status, and propagating changes from a channel to its live copy.
To learn more about Live Copy Sources and Blueprint Configurations, see MSM Best Practices.
- Select the Adobe Experience Manager link (top left) and then Screens. Alternatively, you can go directly to: http://localhost:4502/screens.html/content/screens.
- Navigate to Screens project and click Channels.
- Click Create and select Live Copy to create a live copy of the channel.
- Select the destination and click Next.
- Select the location where the live copy will reside.
- Enter the Title and Name in the Create Live Copy page.
- Click Open to view the contents of new live copy or Done to return to the main page.
Alternatively, see the steps below for visual representation for creating a new live copy of a channel.
The following example shows the creation of a live copy (IdleLiveCopy) for Idle Channel with destination folder as Channels.
A Live copy is a copy of a channel that already exists.
To view the content of your live copy, see the steps below:
The mode Live Copy Status, as shown in the figure below, allows you to view the relationship status of all the assets in the channel.
You can also cancel the inheritance from the livecopy, so the content becomes independent of the original branch.
The following example, shows that you select the image in the edit mode and click the cancel inheritance symbol on the top right.
If you make changes/updates in the orginal channel, you need to propagate those changes to your Live Copy channel too.
Follow the steps below to ensure your changes are propagated from the original channel to the live copy channel: