The Screens Projects console is available by selecting the Adobe Experience Manager link (top left) and then Screens.
Alternatively, you can go directly to: http://localhost:4502/screens.html/content/screens
The Screens project is the top node of your project. Different projects could be differents brands, deployments, customers, and so on.
The project is created and it brings you back to the Screens Project console. You can now select your project.
In a project, there are four kind of folders:
The applications console allows you to preview the applications built for AEM Screens that will run on your display.
For example, you can navigate to http://localhost:4502/screens.html/content/screens/geometrixx/apps and select the Preview icon of the Geometrixx Virtual Showroom Experience.
The preview of the application should open in a new tab.
For an example of a configuration, navigate to http://localhost:4502/screens/dashboard/display.html/content/screens/geometrixx/locations/demo/flagship/dual.
In the Devices/Screens section you see:
- What AEM Screens Player hardware and software is running. The heartbeat is active if the player is running. The version shown is the Firmware version. If a newer version is available on the server, there is an option to update the Firmware on the AEM Screens Player.
- The eye icon allows to play the content of the device on your local browser ("browser" or "web" version of the Firmware)
- The camera icon allows to create a remote screenshot.
Assigned Channels shows how the content is getting assigned to Displays. If you click the pencil icon of one channel, you'll see:
You can configure:
- Role: any name
- Channel: browse one of the channels created
- Supported Events
- Initial Load: will load this channel when the player is started. It can be assigned to multiple in combination with schedule
- Idle Screen: is loaded when the screen is idle. It can be assigned to multiple in combination with schedule
- Timer: needs to be set when a schedule is provided
- User Interaction: will be loaded when the screen is touched
- Schedule: you can describe in text when the channel should appear. See http://bunkat.github.io/later/parsers.html#text to know how to write.
- Show Attraction Tooltip: defines if the attraction tooltip ("Touch anywhere to begin") must be shown or not while the channel is running
By default, changes made here are live instantly.
The channels will display a sequence of content.
The channels could display just some images, but they could also display an application.
From the Channels console, you can preview your channel on your browser.
You can also open the Channel for authoring. For more information about authoring these channels, see Screens Authoring Capabilites.
Before assigning your device, you need to register it. For more information, see Device Registration.
On your device, the player should automatically show the default channel for the display, for example an image if it is a sequence channel.