Analyze Persistence Problems
If CRX doesn't start, or if there are exceptions and stack traces in the log file that are related to persistence (such as TarPersistenceManager or FileDataStore).
Such problems can have many causes.
Analysis / Resolution
To help analyzing the problem, we need to know the following information:
- CRX version, including hotfix version.
- Operating system, JVM vendor and version.
- Directory and file listings that includes file names, file sizes, and includes hidden files. Such listings are required for local repository directories of all cluster nodes, as well as the shared directory. Please also include the information which directories are the "active" ones (sometimes installations are renamed or copied for testing; we need to know exactly which installations are actually in use).
- The configuration files (repository.xml and all workspace.xml files) of all cluster node
Instructions to get the required information
Follow this process for each cluster node, as well as on the crx shared directory (unless the shared directory is within one of the cluster nodes). In the instructions below is usually the directory where the license.properties is found (the parent directory of crx-quickstart).
Note: make sure when you execute java -version that you are executing it against the same java executable that is used by the CRX or CQ5 instance.
Linux or Mac
To get all the data, run the the following commands in a shell:
cd <clusterNode1> java -version 2> infoJavaVersion.log find . -name "crx*.jar" > infoCrxVersion.log ls -alR > infoFileList.log zip -r clusterNode1.zip . -i */repository.xml */workspace.xml */*.log *.log */*.log.* rm info*
On Windows systems, perform the following steps:
- Open the command prompt by going to Start -> Run... then in the Run dialog type cmd and hit [Enter].
- Run the following commands in the command prompt ( should be the path that contains the crx-quickstart directory and license.properties file):
- cd <clusterNode1>
- java -version 2> infoJavaVersion.log
- dir /A /S crx*.jar > infoCrxVersion.log
- dir /A /S > infoFileList.log
- From windows explorer, browse to the directory <clusterNode1>, then CTRL+Click to select these files: infoJavaVersion.log, infoCrxVersion.log and infoFileList.log.
- With the files selected/highlighted, right click to open the windows explorer context menu and select Send To > Compressed (zipped) Folder
- A zip file will be created generated in the folder containing the previously selected files, rename the zip file to be more descriptive (for example analyzepersistenceissues_cq5x_author_dev.zip)