Gain unparalleled control over your design work with reusable and customizable Components.
What you learned: Create, reuse, and modify Components across a range of artboards
Create a Component
- Select a range of elements on your artboard, including both shape and text elements. This first instance becomes the Master Component — which affects all copies, or instances, we’ll make later in this lesson.
- Right-click on the selected items and choose Make Component.
- Double-click on the Component in the Layers panel to rename it.
Apply a Component to multiple artboards
- Select a Component on an artboard and choose Copy from the Edit menu.
- Select a different artboard and choose Paste from the Edit menu.
- Repeat these steps to add multiple instances of your Component to any number of artboards.
Add images and text to Component instances
- Locate a series of photos on your hard drive.
- Drag and drop one of the photos directly onto the shape object in one of the Components in your XD document.
- Drag and drop another photo into the shape object of another instance of your Component. Repeat this process to customize any number of instances of your Component.
- Select a text box in the Component instances and type some custom text.
- Select the text box of another instance of your component and type some different text. Repeat this process to customize any number of instances of your Component.