If you work behind a firewall or proxy server, it can be difficult to download local Flash Builder and Flex documentation through the CHC.
This technote describes how to download a zip file that contains Flex and Flash Builder documentation and configure it for local-only use with the CHC. The technote assumes that your site has some way to enable one-time access of web-based content. (This access is necessary to download a zip file that contains the documentation.)
- Extract the zip file directly under one of the following locations, depending on your OS:
- Windows: %appdata% (%appdata% is a special, version-independent symbolic variable that Windows converts to the appropriate directory name. For example, on Windows XP, it translates to C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data.)
- Mac OS: /account-name/Library/preferences/
Note: If you can access the Internet when working in Flash Builder, do not use these instructions. Instead, use the CHCs preferences panel to download local Help.
Extracting the zip file creates the following directory structure:
- Local Store
- FlashPlatform (subdirectories contain the ActionScript Reference)
- Flex (subdirectories contain Flex and Flash Builder usage content)
- Local Store
For information on configuring other CS5 products to display local Help in a browser, see http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/849/cpsid_84992.html.