Having trouble installing Adobe Flash Player? Identify your issue and try the corresponding solution.
2. Are you being asked to close the browser?
On Internet Explorer, the installer needs to close the browser to proceed with the installation.
Follow these instructions.
Also, if an application is using an already installed version of Flash Player, the Flash Player installer can't run properly. In that case, close all open applications and try again.
3. Have you checked if Flash Player is enabled in your browser?
For Internet Explorer, see Enable Flash Player for Internet Explorer.
For Firefox on any OS, see Enable Flash Player for Firefox.
For Safari on Mac OS, see Enable Flash Player for Safari.
For Google Chrome, see Enable Flash Player for Chrome.
For Opera, see Enable Flash Player for Opera.
4. Are you getting errors containing ActiveX issues?
Disable ActiveX filtering for Flash Player to work properly.
5. Did the installer start installing?
You don’t know where the Flash Player installer has been downloaded.
The Flash Player installer should prompt you to begin installation after the download is complete. If it doesn’t, you can start the installer directly from your Downloads folder.
- After downloading Flash Player, close all browsers.
- Locate the Flash Player install file. Unless you have specified otherwise, the file is saved in your Downloads folder.
- Double-click the installer file to begin the Flash Player installation.
6. Are you getting permission issues?
After installing Flash Player, everything works correctly until you restart your computer. After you restart, web pages ask you to install Flash Player again.
7. Are you unable to resolve the issue?
The rich-media content does not work and you do not know what the issue is.
Check out the frequently occurring issues with Flash Player.
8. Is the Flash Player's ADM installer not launching?
This may happen because of a certificate problem. The ADM installer uses the SHA256 certificate, which may not be compatible with a computer that is running Windows Vista SP2 or Windows Server 2008 SP2.
If this is your setup, head over to the Microsoft Support page to download an update for your operating system.
Still having problems?
If you are still having trouble installing Adobe Flash Player, try downloading the installer directly from the following sites:
- Flash Player for Internet Explorer - ActiveX
- Flash Player for Firefox - NPAPI
- Flash Player for Opera and Chromium-based browsers - PPAPI