Note: If you are a developer, see I'm a developer, and I need to report a Flash Player crash.
This document describes the process to report crashes in Flash Player. The information that you provide while reporting the crash can help Adobe improve Flash Player.
To report a Flash Player crash to Adobe, do the following:
Before you add a bug to the Adobe Bugbase, ensure that you note the required information to include in the bug.
- Flash Player version on your computer.
- A brief explanation of what caused the crash. Screenshots, a video, or both, of the steps are also useful.
- The exact URL where the crash occurred. Even though the crash appears to occur in many places, providing the exact URL makes it easier to identify the issue.
- A crash log. Depending on your browser and the operating system, see Create a Flash Player crash log.
- System details. Depending on the operating system of your computer, see the following for more information:
This step helps other users who experienced the crash to share their feedback by voting and commenting.
Depending on the operating system of your computer and the browser you use, see the details:
- Start Firefox and repeat the steps that resulted in a Flash Player crash.
If a crash log is generated, the Send Crash Report link appears. Don't click this link.
If a crash log is not generated, the No Report Available message appears. In this case, document your bug with all relevant details. Also, mention that the crash log could not be generated. Otherwise, continue with Step 3.
- Start Firefox and repeat the steps that result in a Flash Player crash. The following screen appears.
If a crash log is generated, the Send crash report link appears. Don't click the link.
If crash log is not generated, the No report available text appears. In this case, document the bug report with all relevant details. Also, mention that a crash report is not generated. Otherwise, continue with Step 2.
For details on generating a crash log, see: Debugging Chromium crashes.
Attach the crash file to the bug report.