These instructions are for Mac OS. If you are using Windows, see Flash Player games, video, or audio don't work | Windows.
If you have problems with games, video, your webcam, or audio using Flash Player on a Mac, try one of these solutions:
If you have a different problem, see Common Flash Player problems.
Try accessing the Internet using a wired connection (such as an Ethernet cable) rather than a wireless connection.
Game forums can sometimes provide solutions to user problems. Search game forums for problems similar to yours. You can also file a Flash Player bug and look at bugs reported by others.
Follow recommendations of the computer manufacturer for sound or video problems. For example:
- Adjust the volume on your Mac by pressing the F12 and F11 keys.
- Adjust the volume of the video in the website that you are viewing.
- Shut down and restart your Mac.
In your browser, open the About Flash Player page.
• If Flash Player is installed on your computer, the About Flash Player page displays a Version Information box. The following example shows what the box looks like.
Compare the installed Flash Player version with the latest version of Flash Player for your Mac OS version.
• If the version numbers match, you have the latest version of Flash Player. Don’t reinstall Flash Player. Continue to the next solution.
• If the version of Flash Player on your computer is not the latest version, quit your browser. Uninstall the current version of Flash Player. Then download and install the latest version of Flash Player.
View the Settings Manager for Flash Player.
Free as much network bandwidth as possible. For example, quit applications that sometimes use a lot of bandwidth, such as instant messenger applications and sharing applications.
Also, ensure that your computer has the minimum hardware configuration recommended for an optimal playback experience. See the table of recommended hardware configurations.
You can use a webcam with only one application at a time. Exit all other applications that use the webcam, such as iChat, PhotoBooth, and Skype. Try using the webcam again.
Flip4Mac WMV, Google Voice, and audio plug-ins are incompatible with Flash Player sites that use a webcam.
To uninstall Flip4Mac WMV, open the Flip4Mac WMV uninstaller.pkg file in the Applications/Flip4Mac folder.
To uninstall the Google voice and audio plug-ins, open the GoogleVoiceAndVideoUninstaller.app in the Library/Application Support/Google folder.
Install the latest Flash Player version.
If you have tried the solutions above, and Flash Player still does not work, verify that your webcam works.
Follow these steps: