This technical integration guide is intended for Adobe Consultants, Adobe Partners, and other experienced implementation specialists. Configuring this integration requires a full understanding of the implementation process for each individual solution covered in this guide.
- Using Data Connector
- Using data feed
- Using data warehouse
Integration includes the following key benefits:
- Consolidate email marketing and analytics data into one reporting interface
- Optimize email campaigns by conversion and contribution to revenue and site success
- Re-market to key visitors and market segments based on dynamic marketing segments.
With the help of the solution planning phase, the consultant should be able to create the plan for the delivery or execution approach.
Adobe Analytics Requirements:
- Report Suite Specific: Be advised this integration is report-suite specific. Ensure that you have selected the desired report suite prior to activating the integration.
- Available and configured Adobe Analytics variables: This integration requires custom events and custom eVars, and optionally additional events and additional eVars. See Adobe Analytics Integration Variables.
- Authorized Representative: Be advised that the enablement of this integration might cause your company to incur fees in accordance with your service agreement with Adobe, Inc. or your service agreement with one of Adobe's trusted partners, as applicable. By activating this integration, you hereby represent that you are an authorized representative of your company; and as such, your company agrees to pay the fees, if any, set forth in the service agreement described above.
- Data Warehouse™: This integration requires Data Warehouse to be enabled in order to generate remarketing segments. If you have not enabled Data Warehouse, contact Adobe for details.
- Broadlog ID: The integration requires that we capture and store a "Broadlog ID" within a Adobe Analytics variable (eVar). This ID is an encoded or numeric representation of an email address from the Neolane system. This "Broadlog ID" is associated with downstream visitor behavior on the site (cart abandons, purchases, etc.) that is pulled into the Neolane system and can be leveraged for remarketing purposes. As part of the setup process, you must identify an eVar for this purpose when prompted by the Wizard.
- External Tracking: If you’re not currently following the best practice of enabling external tracking for each email campaign you send, you must do so to ensure a successful integration. See the Neolane section below for details.
- Privacy Compliance: You should understand that by enabling Recipient or Visitor ID tracking, this feature may track personally identifiable information of your site visitors. This has privacy implications requiring the implementation of appropriate procedures by your organization, such as providing notice to, and consent of, your site visitors.
- Valid Neolane Account: In order to use the Data Connectors email integration, a client must have a valid Neolane account
- Neolane 6.02 or later: This integration uses the connector Web Analytics, which is available in Neolane 6.02 or later. Contact the Professional Services team to get configuration assistance
- Network Communication: You must make the necessary network configuration changes to enable data flow between the Neolane and the Adobe servers. Neolane must be able to connect to Adobe at the following paths: http://api*.omniture.comand https://api*.omniture.com.
- Current Customer of Neolane: This integration requires you to be a customer of both Adobe and Neolane. If you are not currently a customer of Neolane, you will not have the information necessary to complete the integration wizard. If you are currently a customer of Neolane, you will need your Neolane Account ID, or the unique identifier assigned to your organization, in order to complete the integration wizard.
- Segment, export and schedule with Adobe Analytics Data Feed
- Campaign Data Model integration: Ongoing Extractions
- Or test and learn: Ad-Hoc Extractions with Data Warehouse
- Campaign Temporary lists or table
- Configuring Adobe Genesis:
Please follow the exact steps outlined in the below link.
Configuring Adobe Campaign for Data Connector
Please follow the exact steps outlined in the below link.
Adobe Analytics Export and schedule your segment
- The file should content a reconciliation key with Adobe Campaign (ex. CRMId)
- Segment should contain only key you want to Target in a campaign
3. Select your Breakdowns (dimension) and Metrics
4. Click on the schedule to start the data warehouse file.
Campaign Data Warehouse integration method
Method 1: insert data in Campaign Datamodel or in a list (you can use ETL either)
Method 3: Using Analytics Data Feed
- Data Feed variables: See https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/analytics-data-feed.html
- Data Model Neolane. In Campaign we will have to create a custom workflow for reading the files from FTP/SFTP location.
Re-marketing campaigns are started automatically once Adobe Campaign has finished recovering the segments analyzing the behavior of people targeted by the initial campaign. In case of cart abandonment or product viewing without a purchase, a delivery is sent to the concerned recipients in order for their site browsing to end in a purchase.
To prepare your re-marketing campaign, simply create delivery templates to be used for re-marketing type campaigns. Then configure your re-marketing campaign and link it to a segment. Each segment must have a different re-marketing campaign.
Changing the delivery template
Adobe Campaign provides personalized delivery templates which you can use or database yourselves on to prepare campaigns.
- Go to the Resources > Templates > Delivery templates folder of the Adobe Campaign tree
- Duplicate the Email delivery (re-marketing) template or the re-marketing template examples offered by Adobe Campaign
- Personalize the template to suit your needs and save it
Creating a re-marketing campaign
- Create a new campaign (for more on this, refer to the Campaign guide)
- Select the Re-marketing campaign template from the drop-down list.
3. Click the Configure... link to specify the segment and delivery template linked to the campaign
4. Select the previously configured external account
6. Select the delivery template to be used for this re-marketing campaign, then click Finish to close the window
Tracking the re-marketing campaign:
The Re-marketing efficiency report is accessed via the global reports page. It lets you view the number of contacts converted (i.e. having purchased something) in relation to the number of cart abandonments following the Adobe Campaign re-marketing campaign. The conversion rate is calculated per week, month or since the start of synchronization between Adobe Campaign and Web analytics tools.