To call the Adobe Search&Promote service from your website, perform the following tasks:
- Specify the URL of the Cloud.
- Configure the connection to the Search&Promote service.
- Add Search&Promote components to Sidekick.
- Use the components to author the content. (See Adding Search&Promote Features to a Web Page.)
- Add banners to your pages. Banner images are sensitive to Search&Promote data.
- Generate a site map for the Search&Promote service to consume.
If you are using Search&Promote with a custom proxy configuration, you need to configure both HTTP Client proxy configurations as some functionalities of AEM are using the 3.x APIs and some others the 4.x APIs:
- 3.x is configured with http://localhost:4502/system/console/configMgr/com.day.commons.httpclient
- 4.x is configured with http://localhost:4502/system/console/configMgr/org.apache.http.proxyconfigurator
The default URL that is configured for the Search&Promote service is http://searchandpromote.omniture.com/px/. To use a different service, use the OSGi console to specify a different URL.
- Open the OSGi console and click the Configuration tab. (http://localhost:4502/system/console/configMgr.)
- Click the Day CQ Search&Promote Configuration item.
- Enter the URL in the Remote Server URI box, and click Save.
This takes you to the Cloud Services Dashboard. If on a local machine, the url of the dashboard will look something like this:
In order to get this information yourself, first you need to log into
- XXXXXXXX corresponds with your Member id
- spYYYYYYYY corresponds with your Account Number
If your Search&Promote account is in Asia or Europe, you need to change the default data center so it points to the right one (the default data center is for North American accounts).
To configure the data center:
Configure web pages so that they use a specific Search&Promote service. Search&Promote components automatically use the service of their host page.
When you configure the Search&Promote properties for a page, all child pages inherit the settings. If required, you can configure child pages to override the inherited settings.
The service connection must already be configured. (See Configure the connection to Search&Promote.)
The Search&Promote integration allows you to:
- use the eCommerce API, independently of the underlying repository structure and commerce platform.
- leverage the Index Connector feature of Search&Promote to provide a product feed in XML format.
- leverage the Remote Control feature of Search&Promote to perform on-demand or scheduled requests of the product feed
- feed generation for different Search&Promote accounts, configured as cloud services configurations.
For more information, read Product Feed.