Interactive Communications centralizes and manages the creation, assembly, and delivery of secure, personalized, and interactive correspondences such as business correspondence, documents, statements, benefit notices, marketing mails, bills, and welcome kits.
- Out-of-the-box integration with form data model to enable easy and streamlined access to back end databases and other CRM systems, such as MS® Dynamics
- Integrated authoring interface for print and web channels with ability to auto generate web channel from the print channel
- Charts to present information in easily understandable visual formats in print and web
- Document fragments support rule editor and form data model
- Agent user interface displays print and web preview of the Interactive Communication
- Drag-and-drop components to quickly construct print and web channels
To create an Interactive Communication, have the building blocks for Interactive Communication ready and then complete the following steps:
- Choose to create an Interactive Communication.
- Specify the form data model, prefill service, and print and web channel templates. You can choose to generate web channel from the print channel.
- Using the drag-and-drop interface, add document fragments, images, components to print and web channel of the Interactive Communication as required.
- Configure the properties for the components inserted, such as the following:
- Preview print and web channels and, if required, edit the Interactive Communication.
- The agent uses the Agent UI to prepare the Interactive Communication for sending it to the recipient/post process.
Interactive Communication is the default and recommended approach to create customer communications. To continue using the letters creating in AEM 6.3 Forms and AEM 6.2 Forms, you need to install a compatibility package. Following is a comparison between capabilities of Interactive Communication and letter.
|Output||Print and Web|
|Schema||Form data model||Data dictionary|
|Localization||Not supported in form data model||Supported in data dictionary|
||No UI for creation of conditional expression|
|Authoring||Drag-and-drop interface for constructing print and web channel||No drag-and-drop mechanism|
|Charts||Charts supported in print as well as web channel||Not supported|
|Themes||Uses themes to style web channel||Does not support themes|
|Auditing and Versioning||Not supported||Supported|
|Drafts and manage instance||Not supported||Supported|
|Agent signature||Not supported||Supported|
|Remote functions||Not supported||Supported|