How video player determines which AVS video to play | Scene7
How does the video player determine which AVS video to play? What logic is used to display videos on different devices? What call can I make to see what formats make up an Adaptive Video Set (AVS)?
You can find documentation on this in the Scene7 Help:
The logic that a video player uses to determine which encoded video to play or to select during playback is based on the following algorithm:
- Playback is initially started using the lowest bit rate video in the Adaptive Video Set.
- Eliminate encoded videos with a height that is greater than 150% of the player height.
- Eliminate encoded videos with a bit rate that is greater than 70% of the detected download speed.
- From the remaining encoded videos, select the rendition with the highest bit rate.
- The video player then checks bandwidth speed every 4 seconds during playback and adjusts as necessary.
What call can I make to see what formats make up an Adaptive Video Set (AVS)?
The following URL structure returns information about the videos that make up the adaptive video set.