Create editable text with flexible Type layers.
What you'll need
What you learned: To add text
- In the Tools panel, select the Horizontal Type tool.
- In the options bar, choose a font, font size, color, and other options for your text. You can edit any of these settings later.
- Click on the canvas and enter a single line of text. You can also create a paragraph of text by dragging out a text box and then typing inside the box.
- Click the check mark in the options bar to accept the text and exit text mode. This automatically creates a new, editable type layer in the Layers panel.
- Use the Move tool to move your text into position in the image.
- Save your image in the Photoshop (PSD) format to retain the editable type layers for future editing.