Certify your learners on a one time basis or on a recurring time frame using this feature. Only administrators can define the certifications for learners.
As an Admin, you can create a certification program either hosted internally or conducted by a 3rd party. In case of Internal certification, define the courses that a learner has to complete to get certified. Publish the program and then assign it to learners.
- Click Certification on the left pane.
A page appears with a list of all the draft, and published state of certifications.
- View certifications in various modes:
- Click draft tab to see all the certifications that are in draft state. You need to complete creating them.
- Click Published to see all the certifications published by you.
- Click All to view the certifications in all states.
- Sort and view the list of certifications in ascending order, or descending order or based on the date you updated them.
- Click Add.
A new certification page appears.
certificate name,and description.
- Choose the certification type as either recurring or perpetual (long lasting).
- Choose Reassignment type. You can choose if you want the certificate to be reassigned based on completion date or on the basis
- Choose internal if it belongs to your organization, or choose external for outside organization certifications.
- Enter a unique Learning object Id. The unique Id should not contain special
characters,and can contain only numbers or alphabets. Two learning objects cannot have the same Id.
- Enter the deadline for the certification in
numberof days to complete field.
- Enter how many days before the deadline, the notification should appear in
- Associate the relevant badge and click Save.
You cannot publish the internal certification without adding courses to it.
You cannot add learners to the certification without publishing it.
- Choose the courses to be added to the certification from Courses>Catalog tab.
- Hover the mouse on each course
tile, click + to add them to the certification. Click Preview to view the course as learnerbefore adding it.
To map the course and instance for certifications:
- Click Certifications from the left pane.
- From the list of certifications, select View certification of the certification where you want to map the course and instance.
- From the left pane, click Courses. The courses for the certification are displayed. Click Edit.
- Hover over the course where you want to set the instance mapping, select Course Instance Mapping.
- From the pop-up that appears, select the instance of the course that is to be delivered for the certification that you have chosen.
- Click Save.
An admin can add class room and virtual class room type courses to a Learning Program. Whatever session the author has given during the creation of the course becomes the default instance. When admin adds courses to a learning program, by default it is mapped to the default instance of all the courses but admin can change the instance mapping. The number of courses added into a learning program is also visible in instances page as shown below.
For more information on enrolling learners and the steps to follow, see Enrolling Learners.
While creating certifications, Administrator has an option to select whether learners can unenroll themselves from the certification. If Administrator selects the option, then learner can unenroll themselves.
Administrators can mark a Certification complete using the option available to them. To mark the completion of a certification, use the following steps.
A certification can be edited by an Administrator at a published state. At this state, the Administrator can edit all the sections of a certification and re-publish.
To edit a published certification, click the certification card and click Edit at the upper-right corner of the page.
While editing the sections of a certification, if you have to move out of the page, you need to re-publish the certification. You get a dialog confirmation asking you to re-publish the certification.
An admin can fetch quiz score and learner status reports. They can set the report frequency, email subject, and recipients email id. Depending on the set frequency, the recipient will get an email with the report attached.