Mixed Media Sets let you provide a mix of images, Image Sets, Spin Sets, and videos in one presentation.
Mixed Media Sets are designated by a banner with the word MixedMediaSet. In addition, if the Mixed Media Set is published, then the publish date, indicated by the World icon is on the banner along with the last modification date, indicated by the Pencil icon displays.
For information on the Assets user interface, see Managing assets with the Touch UI.
Start by uploading the images and videos for your Mixed Media Sets. If necessary, create your Image Sets and Spin Sets. Because users can zoom on images in the Mixed Media Set Viewer, take zooming into account when you choose images. Make sure that the images are least 2000 pixels in the largest dimension.
You must publish your assets before you publish your mixed media set.
Set up Mixed Media Viewer presets, as needed.
Administrators can create or modify Mixed Media Set Viewer Presets. To see your mixed media with a viewer preset, select the mixed media set, and in the left-rail drop-down menu, select Viewers.
See Tools > Assets > Viewer Presets to create or edit viewer presets.
Select the Mixed Media Set and you can preview it. Click the thumbnail icons to examine your Mixed Media Set in the selected Viewer. You can choose different Viewers from the Viewers menu, available from the left rail drop-down menu.
AEM Assets creates URL calls for Mixed Media Sets and activates them after you publish the mixed media sets. You can copy these URLs when you preview assets. Alternatively you can embed them on your web site.
Select the Mixed Media Set, then in the left rail drop-down menu, select Viewers.
Start by uploading the images and videos for your Mixed Media Sets. Because users can zoom on images in the Mixed Media Set Viewer, take zooming into account when you choose images. Make sure that the images are least 2000 pixels in the largest dimension.
In addition, if you want to add spin sets or image sets to the mixed media set, create those as well.
You can add images, Image Sets, Spin Sets, Carousel Sets, and videos to your Mixed Media set. Make sure your files, image sets, and spin sets are ready to publish before you add them to the Mixed Media Set.
Assets in the mixed media set must be published before the mixed media set is published.
You can perform a variety of editing tasks to assets in Mixed Media Sets directly in the user interface as you would any asset in Assets. You can also perform the following actions in Mixed Media Sets:
- Add images to the Mixed Media Set.
- Re-order images in the Mixed Media Set.
- Delete assets in the Mixed Media Set.
- Delete the Mixed Media Set.
To edit a Mixed Media Set:
To edit the assets in the Mixed Media Set, do any of the following:
- To reorder assets, drag an image to a new location (select the reorder icon to move items).
- To add an asset or update an existing asset, tap or click Add Asset then navigate to the assets you want to add and tap or click Next. Note: If you delete the image that AEM Assets uses for the thumbnail by replacing it with another image, the original asset still displays.
- To delete an entire Mixed Media Set, navigate to the Mixed Media Set, select it, and select Remove Assets.
- You can edit the assets in a Mixed Media Set by navigating to the set, clicking Set Members in the left rail, and then clicking or tapping the Pencil icon on an individual asset to open the editing window.
- To delete an asset, select it and click or tap Remove Asset.
See Previewing Assets for details on how to preview Mixed Media Sets.
See Publishing Assets for details on how to publish Mixed Media Sets.
If the mixed media set does not fully end up in the delivery service the first time you publish it, you may need to publish the mixed media set a second time.