|Products||Dynamic Media Feature Pack 14410 and 18912|
|Date||August 31, 2017|
Feature Pack 14410 - This feature pack is compatible with AEM 126.96.36.199, Service Pack 1.
Feature Pack 18912 - Please contact Adobe support to request access and complete setup of your account to enable the features in this feature pack.
|Compatibility (*)||AEM 6.3 with Cumulative Fix Pack 2 applied.|
|Description of Feature Pack||New automation and delivery features for Dynamic Media. Upgrade release for Dynamic Media Classic customers.|
- Setup and Configuration: Simplified setup and configuration of more settings.
- FTP Ingestion (available via FP 18912): Bulk upload large volume of assets and/or very large file size assets through FTP for more scalable and performant ingestion. FTP jobs can be scheduled on a recurring basis to automate ingestion.
- Asset Replicator (available via FP 18912): For customers transitioning from Dynamic Media Classic (Scene7) to Dynamic Media, master assets will be replicated from their existing S7 repository to the Dynamic Media repository. This enables customers to achieve the following benefits during the upgrade:
- No need to change URLs used on their existing production sites.
- No need to rewrite API automation scripts or integrations with 3rd party systems.
- No need to re-develop custom branded interactive viewers.
- Viewer Keyboard Accessibility: Ensure compliance with W3C accessibility standards, enabling use of keyboard controls and shortcuts to interact with all viewer actions.
- Set Automation: Automatically generate image sets or spin sets at scale, based on a common image file naming convention.
- Image Quality: Image presets can leverage Bicubic Sharp which is the Photoshop default resampler for reducing image size. Improves image quality to most closely match Photoshop.
- Color Management: Ingested assets will retain their color space (RGB, CMYK, Gray) and embedded color profile. Dynamic image renditions can be generated to deliver color corrected images which represent the color as consistently as possible among different channels such as print vs. digital experiences.
- Advanced Files: Enhanced Dynamic Imaging rendition support for InDesign, Illustrator, PDF, and Adobe Postscript files. Ability to upload source assets to Dynamic Media and post-process them for delivery via Dynamic Media Classic (ie. convert PSD to unage template, rasterize PDF and convert to eCatalog, etc).
- Player Keyboard Accessibility: Ensure compliance with W3C accessibility standards, enabling use of keyboard controls and shortcuts to interact with all video player actions
- HTTP/2 Delivery: HTTP/2 is the updated web protocol that improves the way browsers and servers communicate, allowing for faster transfer of information while reducing the amount of processing power needed. Delivery of Dynamic Media assets can be over HTTP/2 which provides better response and load times.
- Instant Publish: Accelerate time to go live by instantly publishing rich media assets upon ingest (note: we will continue to support scheduled or manually initiated publish).
- Static Content Delivery: Publish and deliver additional assets such as PDFs, audio files, GIFs, etc
- Cache Invalidation: Trigger immediate content updates on your site by clearing the cache at the CDN. Useful when updating existing assets already live in production.
- Rulesets: Transform Dynamic Media URLs for various use cases such as to generate SEO-friendly URLs or to alias URLs used in different company sub-brands or division
CQ-4217019 Video: Video preview and copy URL/embed code does not work when encoding to just a single video encoding.
CQ-101206 Video: Clicking on video annotation comments from Assets timeline does not display proper video frame
CQ-4216618 Video: No file metadata available for the originally uploaded video
CQ-72644 Interactive Video: Cannot change the order of images within a video segment
CQ-105869 YouTube Publish: Non-administrator user cannot publish to YouTube if the tag has not been published
CQ-4216706 Image: Image processing profiles cannot be edited.
CQ-4217371 Image: Unable to publish carousel when editing the behavior or appearance of the carousel.
CQ-4211296 Sets: When using the asset selector to create image/spin/mixed media sets or interactive video, selection of assets sometimes does not work nor fully load. Workaround: close asset selector and re-launch.
CQ-4195337 Sets: When previewing the set in a viewer, the image displayed is not immediately updated when different assets are selected
CQ-100020 Sets: Mixed Media viewer not displaying swatches for image sets and spin sets
Special characters are not supported in file names.
For instructions, see installing feature packs 14410 and 18912.