What you learned: Use the Preview monitor in the Media Browser and Project panel to view content and select media durations before adding clips to a sequence
Preview and add clips from the Media Browser: New projects
- From the Media Browser, click the Expand icon below a media thumbnail image to open the full screen Preview monitor and play the clip.
- Drag the edges of the clip in the Preview monitor timeline to set in and out points for the part of the clip to be used.
- Click the Add To Selection button at bottom right of the full screen Preview monitor to select this part of the clip before adding it to the sequence.
- From the Preview monitor, jump to next and previous clips in the Media Browser by using the Next and Previous buttons in the Preview monitor player controls.
- Click the Back To Grid View button to exit the full screen Preview monitor and return to grid view in the Media Browser.
- Click Create to import the selected clips into the project. The selected parts of these clips are also added to the sequence.
Add clips to the Project panel: Existing projects
- From the Home screen, select a project to open it in the editing workspace.
- Click the box icon to open the Project panel and view all assets currently in your project.
- Click the Add Media button (blue circle with plus sign) to open the Media Browser.
- Click the Expand icon at bottom right of the video thumbnail in the Media Browser to open the Preview monitor.
- Drag clip start and end points in the mini-timeline to select part of the clip.
- Click the Add To Selection button at bottom right of the Preview monitor to select this part of the clip for import into the sequence and project.
- Click Add. The clip is imported into the project and placed immediately following the selected clip in the sequence.
Preview clips in the Project panel
- Access the Preview monitor from within the Project Assets panel at any time by choosing Open from the Options menu (three dots) at the bottom right of any clip thumbnail.
- Use the Next and Previous buttons in the Preview monitor to set durations for all clips in the Project panel. The entire duration of each imported clip is always available in the Project panel.
- Click the Back To Grid View button at the upper right of the Preview monitor to return to the Project panel.
- Select part of a single clip or several clips in the Project panel, and click Add to add the selected parts to the sequence all at once, in the selected order.
Tip: Open the Preview monitor from the Project panel and adjust clip durations; then select and add several trimmed clips to the sequence all at once.