Learn to create, construct, and combine shapes to produce original artwork in Adobe XD.
What you learned: Draw custom graphics using drawing tools and Boolean operators
Use the Line tool
- Select the Line tool, then click and drag on the canvas to create a line.
Use the Pen tool
- Select the Pen tool and click on the canvas to create the first point. Then move the cursor to a new location and click again to create a segment.
- For the next segment, click and drag the point to create a Bezier curve point.
- Continue to click on different areas to build a shape.
- Finally, click on the first point to create a solid shape.
Create custom shapes with multiple shapes and Boolean operators
- Create a shape with the rectangle, ellipse, or polygon tool on an artboard.
- Create a second shape that is different from the first shape.
- Overlap the shapes on the artboard.
- Select both shapes and click the Add Boolean option in the Inspector panel to combine the shapes into a single new shape.
- Open the Unite icon in the layers panel to reveal the original, editable shapes.