|Product||Adobe Experience Manager|
|Release||Cumulative fix 10325|
|General availability||June 30, 2016|
AEM 6.2 Forms cumulative fix 10325 includes various enhancements and fixes for critical and customer-reported issues in AEM Forms. The release includes the following:
- Regular expressions do not work in the Validate Picture Clause field. (Ref# CQ-84300)
- The Esign component does not work if it is placed deep in the form hierarchy. (Ref# CQ-77353)
- When previewing a letter, the data elements in the Data tab are not ordered as per the specified sequence in a letter. (Ref# CQ-85274)
- The font face displayed in the drop down while HTML rendering in Internet Explorer 11 is not correct. (Ref# CQ-78418)
Perform the following steps on your AEM 6.2 Forms installation to update to the cumulative fix:
- Take back-up of your existing AEM 6.2 Forms data.
- Go to AEM Package Share and download the hotfix package for your operating system.
- Upload and Install the downloaded hotfix package through AEM Package Manager.
- Restart the AEM server once all bundles are in active state.
- Uninstalling the AEM Forms add-on package is not supported.
- Document Security Extension for Microsoft Office now supports 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows 10.
- Cannot open attachments embedded in a protected Microsoft Office document. (Ref# CQ-86418)
- User gets an option to right-click and save images in a protected document. (Ref# CQ-84794,CQ-49406)
- Cannot perform Save As operation on a protected Microsoft Excel and Word documents. (Ref# CQ-49409, CQ-49413)
- Unexpected messages are displayed when printing a protected Microsoft PowerPoint document. (Ref# CQ-49405)
- The Save As option is grayed out for a protected Microsoft PowerPoint document when the plug-in ribbon is visible. (Ref# CQ-56348)
- The Microsoft Excel file created by using the Save As option does not appear in Windows Explorer. (Ref# CQ-56487)
- High CPU usage is reported when Document Security Extension for Microsoft Office plug-in is installed. (Ref# CQ-46600)
- The performance of Microsoft Office applications degrades when Document Security Extension for Microsoft Office plug-in is installed. (Ref# CQ-44635)
- An error message is not displayed when a user tries to add a domain with the name already present in the Visible Users and Groups. (Ref# CQ-86368)
- An internal server error occurs instead of an error on the policy create page when a user tries to create a policy with the name of an existing policy. (Ref# CQ-87140)
- Contact Support to obtain the hotfixes.
- Take a backup of the <AEM_forms_root>/deploy folder. It is required if you decide to uninstall the quick fix.
- Stop your application server.
- Extract the 6.2.0-COR-1003-003 hotfix archive to your hard drive.
- In the directory named according to the operating system that you are using:
Navigate to the appropriate directory on the installation media or folder on your hard disk where you copied the installer, and double-click the aem6_qf_install.exe file.
- (Windows 32-bit) Disk1\InstData\Windows\VM
- (Windows 64-bit) Disk1\InstData\Windows_64bit\VM
- Linux, Solaris, AIX
Navigate to the appropriate directory, and from a command prompt, type ./aem6_qf_install.bin.
- (Linux) Disk1/InstData/Linux/NoVM
- (Solaris) Disk1/InstData/Solaris/NoVM
This launches an install wizard that guides you through the installation.
- On the Introduction panel, click Next.
- On the Choose Install Folder screen, verify that the default location displayed is correct for your existing installation, or click Browse to select the alternate folder where AEM forms is installed, and click Next.
- Read the Quick Fix Patch Summary information and click Next.
- Read the Pre-Installation Summary information and click Install.
- When the installation is complete, click Next to apply the quick fix updates to your installed files.
- The Start Configuration Manager checkbox is selected by default. Click Done to run the Configuration Manager.
To run Configuration Manager later, deselect the Start Configuration Manager option before you click Done. You can start Configuration Manager later using the appropriate script in the [AEM_forms_root]/configurationManager/bin directory.
- Depending on your application server, choose one of the following documents and follow the instructions in the Configuring and Deploying AEM forms section.
- Perform steps 3 through 11 for 6.2.0-RMG-1004-002 hotfix.
- Restart the application server.