Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Assets Brand Portal helps you easily acquire, control, and securely distribute approved creative assets to external parties and internal business users across devices. It helps improve the efficiency of asset sharing, accelerates the time-to-market for assets, and reduces the risk of non-compliance and unauthorized access. Adobe is working to improve the overall Brand Portal experience. Here is a sneak peek into the new features and enhancements coming this year.
Brand Portal 6.4.2 release brings in a range of capabilities to address asset distribution needs of organizations and help them reach out to a large number of users distributed globally through Guest access and optimum experience with accelerated downloads. Brand Portal also provides greater control to organizations through new configurations for administrators, newly added report, and caters to customer requests.
AEM Brand portal allows guest access to the portal. A guest user doesn't require credentials to enter the portal and can access and download all the public folders and collections. Guest users can add assets to their lightbox (private collection) and download the same. They can also view smart tag search and search predicates set by administrators. The guest session does not allow users to create collections and saved searches or share them further, access folder and collections settings, and share assets as links.
In an organization, multiple concurrent guest sessions are allowed, which is limited to 10% of the total user quota per organization.
A guest session remains active for two hours. Therefore, the state of the lightbox is also preserved until two hours from the session start time. After two hours, the guest session has to restart, so the lightbox state is lost.
Brand Portal users can leverage Aspera based fast downloads to get speeds up to 25x faster and enjoy a seamless download experience irrespective of their location across the globe. To download the assets faster from Brand Portal or shared
Administrators need to enable Aspera based accelerated download for users of their organization by using Enable Download Acceleration option (which is disabled by default) from General Settings in the administrative tools panel. To know more about prerequisites and troubleshooting steps for downloading asset files faster from Brand Portal and shared links, refer Guide to accelerate downloads from Brand Portal.
A new report, to track user logins, has been introduced. The User Logins report can be instrumental in enabling organizations to audit and keep a check on the delegated administrators and other users of Brand Portal.
The report logs display names, email IDs, personas (admin, viewer, editor, guest), groups, last login, activity status, and login count of each user from Brand Portal 6.4.2 deployment until the time of report generation. Administrators can export the report as .csv. Along with other reports, User Logins report enables organizations to more closely monitor user interactions with the approved brand resources, thereby ensuring conformance to corporate compliance offices.
Administrators can restrict user access to original image files (for example .psd, .indd) and give access to low resolution renditions (such as .jpg, .pdf) which they download from Brand Portal or shared link. This access can be controlled at user group level from Groups tab of User Roles page in admin tools panel.
- By default, all the users are able to download original renditions as the Access to Original is enabled for all.
- Administrators need to deselect the respective checkboxes to prevent a group of users from accessing original renditions.
- If a user is the member of multiple groups, but only one of the groups has restrictions, the restrictions apply to that user.
- The restrictions do not apply to administrators, even though they are members of restricted groups.
- Permissions of the user sharing assets as link apply to the users who download assets using shared links.
Cards of folders, in Card View, display folder hierarchy information to non-admin users (Editor, Viewer, and Guest User). This functionality lets the users know the location of the folders, they are accessing, with respect to the parent hierarchy.
Folder hierarchy information is particularly helpful in differentiating the folders having names similar to other folders shared from a different folder hierarchy. If the non-admin users are not aware of the folder structure of the assets shared with them, assets /folders with similar names seem confusing.
- The paths shown on the respective cards are truncated to fit the card sizes. However, users can see the full path as a
tool tipon hovering over the truncated path.
Brand Portal provides Overview option to non-admin users (Editors, Viewers, Guest users) to view Asset Properties of selected assets/folders. The Overview option is visible:
- In the toolbar at the top on selecting an asset/folder.
- In the drop-down on selecting the Rail Selector.
On selecting the Overview option while an asset/folder is selected, users can see the title, path, and time of asset creation. Whereas, on asset detail page selecting Overview option lets the users see metadata of the asset.
Six new configurations are added for administrators to enable/disable following functionalities on specific tenants:
- Allow Guest Access
- Allow users to request access to Brand Portal
- Allow administrators to delete assets from Brand Portal
- Allow creation of public collections
- Allow creation of public smart collections
- Allow Download Acceleration
The above configurations are available under Access and General settings in administrative tools panel.
Brand Portal 6.4.2 onwards uses Adobe.io https://legacy-oauth.cloud.adobe.io/ interface to create JWT application, which enables configuring oAuth integrations to allow AEM Assets integration with Brand Portal. Previously, the UI for configuring OAuth integrations was hosted in https://marketing.adobe.com/developer/. To know more about integrating AEM Assets with Brand Portal for publishing assets and collections to Brand Portal refer Configure AEM Assets integration with Brand Portal.
Administrators can make the property predicates non-case sensitive by using the updated property predicate, which has a check for
However, the non-case sensitive search is comparatively slower than default search for property predicate. If there are too many non-case sensitive predicates in the search filter, the search can slow down. It is, therefore, advised to use the non-case sensitive search judiciously.
Brand Portal 6.4.1 features and enhancements
Brand Portal 6.4.1 is a platform upgrade release which brings in several new features and vital enhancements such as browsing, searching, and performance enhancements to deliver fulfilling customer experiences.
- Introduced new keyboard shortcuts, for example (p) for navigation to properties page, (e) for Edit, and (ctrl+c) for copy operations.
- Improved scrolling, lazy loading experience in card and list view for browsing large number of assets.
- Enhanced Card View with support for different-sized cards based on view setting.
- Enhanced Column view with More Details under the asset snapshot, which lets you navigate to details page of an asset.
- List view now displays file names of assets in first column by default, in addition to locale, asset type, dimensions, size, rating, and publication information. New View Settings can be used to configure the amount of detail to display in List view.
- Improved asset detail experience with ability to navigate back and forth between assets using new navigation buttons, and view asset count.
- New capability to preview audio files, uploaded from AEM, in asset's details page.
- New Related Assets capability provided in Asset properties. Assets that are related with other source/derived assets on AEM and published on Brand Portal now have their relationship intact in Brand Portal, with links to the related assets on properties page.
- New configuration to restrict non-admin users from creating public collections has been introduced. Organizations can work with Adobe Support team to configure this capability on specific accounts.
- Capability introduced to come back to same position in search results, after navigating to a search item, without running the search query again.
- New Search results count to display number of search results has been provided.
- Improved File Type Search Filter with ability to filter search results based on fine grained mime types such as .jpg, .png, and .psd compared to earlier Images, Documents, Multimedia options.
- Enhanced search filters for collections, with accurate time stamps instead of previous time slider functionality.
- New Access type filters have been introduced to search for the collections that are Public or non-Public.
- A single large file is directly downloaded, without the creation of zip file, thereby improving the speed and throughput.
- Zip download limit for link share feature has increased to 5GB, from 1GB.
- Users can now choose to download only the custom and original
files,and prevent out-of-the-box renditions,while downloading assets from Brand Portal or through the shared links feature.
- Up to 100% improvement in assets download speed.
- Up to 40% improvement in search response for assets.
- Up to 40% improvement in browsing performance.
Note: Cited improvements are as per the tests conducted in the lab.
Introduced Link Share Report
A new report, to provide information about shared links, has been introduced. The Link Share report lists all the URLs, to the assets, shared with internal and external users across organization in the specified time frame. It also informs when the link was shared, by whom, and when does it expire.
Modified the entry point to access Usage report
Usage report are now consolidated with other reports and can now be viewed from Asset Reports console. To reach Asset Reports console, navigate to Create/Manage Reports from administrative tools panel.
Improved user experience with reporting
Reporting interface on Brand Portal has become more intuitive and imparts greater control to organizations. Apart from creating various reports, administrators can now revisit the generated reports and download or delete them, as these reports are saved in Brand Portal.
Each of the reports being created can be customized by adding or removing default columns. Moreover, custom columns can be added to Download, Expiration, and Publish reports to control their degree of granularity.
Improved Property picker in Admin tools for Metadata, Search, and Reports with Type-ahead and browsing capability to simplify admin experience.
- Assets published to Brand Portal from AEM 184.108.40.206 and 6.4 can now be made publically available to general users of Brand Portal, by marking the Public Folder Publish check box on AEM Assets Brand Portal Replication dialog.
Brand Portal 6.3.2 features and enhancements
Brand Portal 6.3.2 includes new and enhanced functionality oriented toward top customer requests and general performance enhancements.
Users can now request access to Brand Portal using the new need access capability available on the login screen of Brand Portal.
Depending on whether users have an Adobe ID or need to create an Adobe ID, users can follow the appropriate workflow to submit a request. Brand Portal product administrators receive such requests in their notification area and grant access through Adobe Admin Console.
For more information, see Request access to Brand Portal.
The assets downloaded report now includes the asset download count per user within the specified date and time range. Users can download this report in .csv format and compile data such as the total download count for a licensed asset.
For more information, see Steps 3 and 6 in Create and manage additional reports.
Brand Portal now displays a notification banner a few days before an upcoming maintenance activity. A sample notification:
For more information, see Brand Portal maintenance notification.
While downloading licensed assets using the link share feature, you are now prompted to agree to the license agreement for those assets.
For more information, see Step 12 in Share assets as a link.
Brand Portal 6.3.1 features and enhancements
Brand Portal 6.3.1 includes new and enhanced functionality oriented toward aligning Brand Portal with AEM.
To align Brand Portal user experience with AEM, Adobe is transitioning to Coral 3 user interface. This change enhances the overall usability, including navigation, and appearance.
- The new Omni search feature facilitates quick access to relevant content, capability, or tags through automatic suggestions as you type search keywords. Omni search is available across all search features.
- The new asset rating-based search lets you search for assets with ratings, if published from AEM Assets.
- The new multi-value search feature accepts multiple keywords with the AND operator to discover assets faster.
- The new search boost capability lets you improve the search relevance so that specific assets appear at the top of the search results.
- The new path-based search feature lets you provide the path to a nested folder to be able to search assets in that folder.
If images with smart tags are published from AEM Assets to Brand Portal, you can search for these images in Brand Portal using the smart tag names as search keywords. This feature is available only for files.
After downloading a nested folder, you can preserve the original folder hierarchy. Assets inside a nested folder are downloadable in a single folder as opposed to separate folders.
Enhancements in the browse, search, and download capabilities significantly improve Brand Portal performance.
Administrators can set the expiry date and time for assets before sharing them. After an asset expires, it is visible to viewers and editors, but not downloadable. When an asset expires, administrators receive a notification.
Asset sorting in a folder in list view is no longer restricted to the number of assets being displayed on the first page. All assets in a folder are sorted, irrespective of whether all are listed on the first page.
Administrators can create and manage three types of reports—assets downloaded, expired, and published. The ability to configure the columns in a report, and export the reports to CSV format is also available.
Brand Portal 6.3.1 introduces additional metadata, which is at par with AEM Assets 6.3. You can use the Schema Editor form to control the metadata that should be visible on the Assets Properties page. Asset metadata is not visible to external link share users, who can only preview and download assets using the link share URL.
- Before finalizing customizations to the login screen wallpaper, administrators can preview the changes.
- After an administrator adds new users, they need not accept invitations to get added to Brand Portal, they are added automatically.
- AEM administrators can publish metadata schema from AEM Assets to Brand Portal using AEM 6.3 SP 1-CFP 1 (220.127.116.11), which will be available in Q4 2017.
- AEM administrators can publish all the tags from AEM Assets to Brand Portal using AEM 6.2 SP1-CFP7 and AEM 6.3 SP 1-CFP 1 (18.104.22.168).