What you'll need
What you learned: Apply a built-in color preset to a clip, adjust the intensity, and save the custom look to use on other clips
Apply a color preset
- Select a clip in the sequence by positioning the playhead over it.
- Open the Color panel, and select a built-in color preset.
Try a different color preset
There is no need to remove a color preset from a clip before trying another. Simply choosing a different preset allows you to change the look applied to a selected clip.
- Use the Turn off Color settings toggle at the top of the Color panel to compare the look of the clip with, and without, the preset.
- Adjust the intensity of the preset using the Intensity slider, located at the bottom of the Presets tab.
Save the adjusted color preset
After adjusting the Intensity control, you can save your new look as a preset.
- In the Color panel, under More Options (three dots), choose Create Preset.
- Name the new preset, and choose Save. Your new custom color preset is available under Your Presets at the bottom of the Color panel.
Apply your saved preset to another clip
- To apply your new preset, select a different clip in the sequence, and then click on the new preset under Your Presets in the Color panel.
Tip: Presets sometimes look best with the intensity reduced. After applying a color preset, drag the Intensity slider to the left to reduce the effect.