Content is the building block of a course. Authors create a library of content that can be aligned to courses as self-paced content. Only authors have access to this content library.
Create a library of content that can be aligned to courses as self-paced content. Authors can create content for courses by performing the following steps:
- Click Content Library on the left pane after you log in as Author and click Add. Alternatively, you can click Create Content from the Getting Started page.
- On the Add New Content page, enter a name and description for your course content.
- Click Add Content File, and upload your resource file. When you add content for multiple languages, you cannot combine static and interactive content in a single group. Either all your content in all the locales should be static, or all the content should be interactive.
- Click Add New Language to add your content in more than one language. In the pop-up screen that appears, select the language or languages that you want to include, and click Add.
- In the Duration field, you can optionally enter the expected time a learner would spend in this module.
- Use the Content tags option to add tags for your course content.
- Click Save.
Your content will be listed in the Content library after it has been successfully uploaded.
As an Author, you can retire or delete content.
To retire content, follow these steps:
- In Content library, select the content you wish to retire.
- Select Action > Retire.
The content will be retired. Note that retired content can be republished.
To Delete content, you need to retire it first. Once retired, follow these steps:
- Select the content from the content tab.
- Select Action > Delete.
You can view a list of all the content by clicking Content Library
Captivate Prime supports audio content in Job Aids, Announcements and in the Content Library.
Like other modules a course can be created using audio modules as well. Adobe Captivate Prime supports the following audio extensions: MP3, WAV, AAC, M4A, WMA, VORBIS, PCM, EAC3, AMR, AC3.
To listen to audio content, do the following:
Click the play button to listen to the audio. The criteria for completion are based on the launching of the audio player or the amount of audio that has been previewed. Similar to completion of other modules, the completion criteria for audio supported content is also configurable by the author.
The player behavior across Learning Objects, Job Aids and Announcements remains the same as it is for other players like video.