Questions specifically about naming convention. Basic image preparation questions.
- TIFF versus JPEG
- What symbols can be used in an asset name?
- What are the maximum number of characters for filenames?
- Questions about aspect ratio.
- Recommended size of images for zoom.
- Is there a limit to the size of an image we can upload?
- Can we change our image names to uppercase?
- Professional services request for image production work (photoshop).
- Is Scene7 case sensitive?
- Can we have assets with the same name in different folders?
- Can we have more than one version of the same asset in Scene7?
Is it possible to create an alias for an image? Or, how can I add a view of a master image?
Yes, it is possible to create an alias for an image by using the "Save as additional view of master" functionality. The steps are as follows:
- In SPS, click Edit, and then Adjust under the image for which you want to create an alias.
- Click Save As in the lower-right corner.
- In the drop-down in the Save As dialog box, choose Save as additional view of master.
- Input your alias name under filename.
- Click Save.
What are the invalid characters for asset IDs? OR Can you provide a full list of characters that are restricted from use in naming the images in S7?
What is the maximum length of characters allowed in a filename?
What is the maximum length of characters allowed in an authored filename?
Is it possible to have the same image name in different folders?
The Scene7 system doesn’t allow Asset IDs with the same exact name in the system. If you try to upload an asset with the same name either it will get overwritten or will get followed by "-1". It is guided by the Overwrite setting that is set in the account. See the Help documentation for more information: