You may experience one of the following issues while using Adobe Flash Player:
- Video does not display.
- A black or white box replaces the video.
- Colors are splotchy.
- A green line splits the player in two.
- The seek/navigation bar is missing or displaying incorrectly.
- The video stops playing when you change the resolution (especially in full screen mode).
Flash Player 10 and later can use your system’s graphics hardware to accelerate video decoding. Flash Player 10.2 and later can also accelerate video presentation on some sites, accelerating all aspects of video playback. If you are experiencing video playback issues in Flash Player, your video adapter driver software may have incompatibility issues. Follow the steps in this document to troubleshoot these issues and help provide Adobe with information it can use to improve Flash Player.
If you are using Windows, try updating your driver.
Windows Update does not update device drivers by default. See the Microsoft help article Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly for information on how to update your drivers.
You can sometimes obtain driver updates from your computer manufacturer or from your video adapter manufacturer:
After updating the driver (and restarting your computer as needed), re-enable hardware acceleration in Flash Player (following the steps above). Check to see if the video playback issues have been resolved. If it has not been resolved, follow the directions below to report the issue.
By filing a report or bug, you can help Adobe work with driver manufacturers to address issues. Follow the instructions below to provide your video adapter driver information. Also provide a clear and detailed description of your issue with the information that Adobe requires to investigate.
Provide title, description, and steps to reproduce. Copy and paste the following requested information:
- Browser and version: <The name and version of your browser shown above.>
- URL: <The full URL of the exact page where you experience the issue.>
- Description: <A description of the problem you see. Specific information helps Adobe diagnose the issue. For example, if the video does not play, is the video black, are there artifacts, or is there stuttering? What does the error look like? What did you do before the problem occurred? Did any part of playback work correctly? Does the problem happen in full screen or in the browser window?>
- Hardware acceleration: <Does disabling hardware acceleration as described in the troubleshooting steps resolve the issue?>
- Related forum post, if applicable: <If you have posted to a forum about this problem, include the URL to your forum post so that Adobe can track related information.>
You can also troubleshoot the issue using one of the following:
- Poor video quality
- Latest version of Flash Player doesn't display video
- Video does not display in Internet Explorer
- Video does not display in full screen mode