Create intriguing designs with Shape layers.
What you learned: To create a shape
- In the Tools panel, click and hold the Rectangle tool (or whichever Shape tool is showing in your Tools panel at the moment) to view all the shape tools. Select a tool for the shape you want to draw.
- In the options bar, choose a Fill color and other options for your shape. These can be changed later.
- Hold the Shift key to avoid distorting the shape as you drag in an image to create an editable shape. This automatically creates a new shape layer in the Layers panel.
- Use the Move tool to move the shape into position in the image.
- Scale, transform, or rotate a shape without harming its image quality by choosing Edit > Free Transform or pressing Control+T (Windows) or Command+T (macOS).
- To change the color of a shape, go to the Layers panel, find the shape layer you want to change, and double-click the thumbnail on that layer to open the Color Picker. As you click colors in the Color Picker, you’ll see a live preview of the selected color on the shape. When you find a color you like, click OK to apply the new color to the shape.