You can print a large format document, such as a poster or banner, by splitting the page across multiple sheets of paper (called "tiling"). The tiling option calculates how many sheets of paper are needed. You can adjust the size of the original to best fit the paper and specify how much each "tile" overlaps. You can then piece together the tiles.
Print posters and banners using Acrobat
Choose File > Print.
From the Page Scaling pop-up menu, select one of the following options:
- Tile Large Pages Tile only the pages that are larger than the paper.
- Tile All Pages Tile all the pages in the PDF file.
If the tile options are not in the menu, make sure that the following options are not selected in the Advanced Print dialog box: Print As Image or, for Acrobat only, Separations or In-RIP Separations. Also check your version of Reader. Reader 9 does not support tiling.
Set the following options as needed:
- Tile Scale Scales the pages by the amount you specify.
- Overlap Determines the amount each tile overlaps adjacent tiles.
- Cut Marks Adds guide marks to each page to help you trim the overlap.
- Labels Adds the filename and page number on each "tile".
Select OK or Print.