What you'll need
Create a Roto Brush selection
- Make sure the resolution and fast preview options are set to Full quality.
- Double-click the video layer in the Timeline panel to open it in the Layer panel.
- Select the Roto Brush tool from the Tools panel.
- Paint inside the object you want to isolate.
- Change the duration of the span to set the duration for the Roto Brush.
- Press Alt (Windows) or Option (MacOS) and paint over areas of a selection to remove those areas from the selection.
- Press the Spacebar to start and stop the analysis, and make changes to the selection as needed.
- Adjust the Roto Brush Matte options in the Effect Controls panel to fine-tune the selection.
Tip: Use the 1 and 2 keys on your keyboard to move up and down the timeline a single frame at a time. Once you have a satisfactory Roto Brush selection, press the Freeze button in the Layer panel to save it.