AEM 6.2 Forms brings in several new features and enhancements that help you create and manage rich, interactive digital experiences with forms, documents, and correspondences. The following are the highlights of the release.
For more information, see What’s New in AEM 6.2 Forms.
AEM 6.2 Forms brings in several new features and enhancements. The highlights are:
- New and improved touch-optimized UI
- Theme editor to create, customize, and apply themes to adaptive forms
- Template editor to create adaptive form templates
- Ability to embed adaptive forms and documents in AEM Sites pages
- Support for embedding an adaptive forms in another adaptive formAbility to use forms and documents in mobile apps created using AEM Mobile
- Several Enhancements in AEM Forms app, like support for standalone forms
- Enhanced AEM document security with ability to search document security protected PDF documents using indexer
- Several enhancements in correspondence management capabilities
- New and intuitive touch-optimized user interface to author forms.
- New visual Theme Editor to create, customize, and apply themes to adaptive forms. You can manage multiple appearances of form elements for different devices.
- Enhanced and more powerful Rule Editor for business users as well as form developers to build complex business logic in adaptive forms. It provides both visual and code editors to create rules in your preferred way.
- Integration with AEM Mobile to help you embed adaptive forms and documents in the mobile app you create using AEM Mobile.
- New out-of-the-box adaptive form components to create rich, interactive, and intuitive adaptive forms. You can also create custom components.
- Seamlessly embed an adaptive form in another adaptive form to reuse content and reduce authoring time.
- New template editor to create adaptive forms templates for consistent styling and branding.
- Human and machine translation workflows to serve localized adaptive forms and documents to wider audiences.
- Integration with AEM Mobile to embed forms and documents in mobile apps created using AEM Mobile. It allows a form author to create a form or document once and deliver it to multiple channels like web and mobile.
- Enhanced AEM forms app (former Mobile Workspace) now supports standalone adaptive forms without a forms workflow deployment. It also brings in new and improved user experience and allows to auto-save forms data, save a task or form as draft, and save a form as template.
- Improved analytics dashboard for forms and documents to measure and analyze their performances.
- Create and manage audiences for experience targeting from within AEM Forms.
- Integration with AEM Mobile to embed forms and documents in mobile apps.
- Ability to search document security protected PDF documents using indexer.
- Ability to Reader-extend policy-protected PDF documents using Portable Protection Library.
- Microsoft Office support for Java Portable Protection Library.
- 64-bit variants of Document Security SDK and Portable Protection Library.