Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Flash Player for Windows, macOS, Linux and Chrome OS. These updates address critical vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player. Successful exploitation could lead to arbitrary code execution in the context of the current user.
|Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime||22.214.171.124 and earlier||Windows, macOS and Linux|
|Adobe Flash Player for Google Chrome||126.96.36.199 and earlier||Windows, macOS, Linux and Chrome OS|
|Adobe Flash Player for Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11||188.8.131.52 and earlier||Windows 10 and 8.1|
To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player installed on your system, access the About Flash Player page, or right- click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe (or Macromedia) Flash Player" from the menu. If you use multiple browsers, perform the check for each browser you have installed on your system.
Adobe categorizes these updates with the following priority ratings and recommends users update their installation to the latest version:
|Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime||184.108.40.206||Windows, macOS||2|
|Adobe Flash Player for Google Chrome||220.127.116.11||Windows, macOS, Linux, and Chrome OS||2||Google Chrome Releases|
|Adobe Flash Player for Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11||18.104.22.168||Windows 10 and 8.1||2||Microsoft Security Advisory|
|Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime||22.214.171.124||Linux||3||Flash Player Download Center|
- Adobe recommends users of the Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime for Windows, macOS and Linux update to Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.199 via the update mechanism within the product  or by visiting the Adobe Flash Player Download Center.
- Adobe Flash Player installed with Google Chrome will be automatically updated to the latest Google Chrome version, which will include Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.52 for Windows, macOS, Linux and Chrome OS.
- Adobe Flash Player installed with Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 10 and 8.1 will be automatically updated to the latest version, which will include Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206.
- Please visit the Flash Player Help page for assistance in installing Flash Player.
 Users who have selected the option to 'Allow Adobe to install updates' will receive the update automatically. Users who do not have the 'Allow Adobe to install updates' option enabled can install the update via the update mechanism within the product when prompted.
|Vulnerability Category||Vulnerability Impact||Severity||CVE Number|
|Use After Free||Arbitrary Code Execution||Critical||CVE-2019-8070|
|Same Origin Method Execution||Arbitrary Code Execution||Critical||CVE-2019-8069|
Adobe would like to thank the following individuals and organizations for reporting the relevant issues and for working with Adobe to help protect our customers:
- Anonymous working with Trend Micro Zero Day Initiative (CVE-2019-8070)
- Eduardo Braun Prado working with Trend Micro Zero Day Initiative (CVE-2019-8069)