- Determine the level of the problem
- Troubleshoot printing problems at the document level
- Troubleshoot printing problems at the application level
- Troubleshoot printing problems at the printer level
- Resolve problems printing to a PostScript printer
- Resolve problems printing to a non-PostScript printer
- Troubleshoot printing problems at the system level
This document can help you resolve problems that occur when you print from Adobe InDesign. To get the most from this document, perform the tasks in order. Keep track of the tasks you perform and the results of each one, including errors or other problems. Adobe Technical Support can use this information to better assist you, should you need to call.
Known printing problems and solutions to specific errors are documented in the Adobe Support Knowledgebase on the Adobe website at www.adobe.com/support/. If you can't find a specific solution to your problem, follow these procedures to isolate and resolve the issue.
When you attempt to resolve a printing issue, the first step is to determine the conditions under which the problem occurs. For example, was the error a one time problem or can it be reproduced consistently when printing all documents, some documents or a specific document. The steps and tests below will help you define how and when your printing issue occurs so that a solution can be found.