Learn about alpha channels and how to apply Alpha Matte using track mattes.
What you learned: Fill text with video using an Alpha Matte track matte
Create transparency on one layer based on the alpha channel from another layer
- In the Timeline panel, stack the layer to determine transparency directly on top of the layer to be the fill.
- Toggle the Switches And Modes button to reveal the modes and to hide the switches in the Timeline panel.
- Change the Track Matte switch for the fill layer to Alpha Matte.
Make the filled text pop off the background
- Place a duplicate of the background video layer on the bottom of the layer stack.
- Apply and adjust the Fast Box Blur effect to the fill layer so that the video in the text is blurry.
- Right-click the fill layer, add the Inner Shadow and Outer Glow layer styles, and adjust as desired.