In order to edit your artwork, you need to select it. You learned how to select artwork in a variety of ways, including selecting content with similar appearance properties, adding or removing from a selection, isolating content, and more.
Select similar content
- To select content that shares formatting, select content with the Selection tool and then choose Select > Same > attribute (Fill Color, for instance).
Add or remove from the selection
- To deselect content or add content to a selection, Shift-click the content.
Enter Isolation mode to focus on the content
- With the Selection tool selected, double-click content to enter Isolation mode so you can focus on the selected content.
Select multiple anchor points
- Select the Direct Selection tool in the Toolbar and click to select artwork. You can then see the anchor points for the artwork.
- Select the Lasso tool by clicking and holding the Direct Selection tool in the Toolbar and then selecting the Lasso tool from the menu.
- Drag around the anchor points you want to select.
View outlines to select artwork more easily
- To make it easier to select content, choose View > Outline to temporarily show the artwork with black strokes and no fills. To show the artwork with color again, choose View > Preview (or GPU Preview).
Presenter: Brian Wood