Quickly apply a series of images and text to a repeating layout with the amazing Repeat Grid.
What you learned: Use the Repeat Grid with external text and images
Create a Repeat Grid
- Select a series of elements on your artboard, including shape and text objects.
- Click the Repeat Grid button in the Inspector Panel.
- Extend the grid horizontally, or vertically, to generate multiple copies of the original group.
Add external graphics to a Repeat Grid
- Locate a series of photos on your hard drive.
- Select all the photos and drag and drop them onto the shape object in any one of the repeated items.
Add external text to a Repeat Grid
- Use a simple text file (.txt) with a list of items separated with a hard return, such as a list of names.
- Drag and drop the text file onto any of the text objects in the repeated items.
- The first item in the text file is applied to the first item of the Repeat Grid, and so on until the grid is full.