AEM Forms Document Security Extension for Microsoft office helps protect Microsoft Office documents against editing, copying, printing by applying security policies. You can use the extension with Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016.
This article lists common issues faced in installing and configuring the extension:
When the user installing the extension does not have the required permissions, the extension fails to install. Perform the following steps to provide appropriate permissions:
If the DLL corresponding to the plug-in is not registered correctly, the plug-in may fail to load. To manually register the DLLs, follow the steps below:
Try running command regsvr32 <plugin.dll>. Run this command from command window with administrator privileges. This should give a success message. Eg: regsvr32 WordPlugin.dll
Plug-in DLLs can be found in the installation directory by the names ExcelPlugin.dll, WordPlugin.dll and PowerpointPlugin.dll.
Document Security Add-in is not loaded when Microsoft Office program starts but can be loaded manually
This issue may occur when the Load Behavior for the Add-in is not set to 3. Value 3 represents that the add-in should be loaded on start. Follow the steps below to view/change the value of Load Behavior.
To restore the default behavior of loading at startup, the registry value needs to be changed to a value of 3. Any value other than 3 does not display the add-in.
Below are the registry entries for Word. To get the registry entry for PowerPoint or Excel, replace "Word" with "PowerPoint" or "Excel" in the settings below.
- For 32 bit Windows machine, the registry entry in HKLM for MS Word is: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\Adobe.DRMIntegration.\WordAddin
- For 64 bit Windows machine, the registry entry in HKLM for MS Word is: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\Adobe.DRMIntegration.WordAddin
LoadBehavior value in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER must also be set to 3.
Below is the registry entry for Word. To get the registry entry for PowerPoint or Excel, replace "Word" with "PowerPoint" or "Excel" in the settings below:
(This entry might not be present, in that case, only HKLM registry entry should be checked).
Note : If you are opening the registry editor using administrator credentials, the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry entry is of the administrator.
Follow the steps below to check if the server is reachable, configured correctly and server certificate is installed on the machine:
Type server URL in the tab and click Enter.
- If server is reachable and no certificate error is shown, contact Adobe support.
- If server is not reachable, there is a network issue or other issue at the server side.
- If a certificate error occurs, it means that either the certificate is not installed correctly or there is some other issue with the server certificate.