What you learned: Package InDesign files for sharing
When you send someone an InDesign file, be sure to send all linked graphics and fonts along with the project file. Use the Package command to copy the InDesign (INDD) document, fonts used, and any linked graphics:
- Choose File > Package.
- In the Package dialog box, click Package.
- Click Continue in the Printing Instructions dialog box.
- In the Create Package Folder dialog box, enter a name and choose a location for the folder that InDesign creates to copy the packaged content. Set any options and click Package and then click OK.
What you learned: Export your document as a PDF
PDF is a file format that makes your document easy to view and exchange outside of InDesign. The PDF looks just like your InDesign document, and anyone with a free PDF reader can view it:
- Choose File > Export.
- In the Export dialog box, change the name of the file, choose Adobe PDF (Print) for the format. The Adobe PDF (Interactive) format is for saving a PDF with interactivity added in InDesign like links, buttons, video, and more.
- Click Save.
- In the Export Adobe PDF dialog box, set any options, then click Export to output the PDF.